useless sliders in the Tool options, git version

I tried several times to send the present message, sorry in case there is duplication.

On one computer (with Debian testing), the git installation of GIMP dates from August 28. On the other one (with Ubuntu 10.04), it dates from September 5.  I tried to attach screen copies of the Tool Options dockable with the Clone tool active, but the message is too heavy. In the oldest version, the sliders work as customary, because their title is above them. In the newest version, the sliders are no longer usable, because their title is on their left and they are too short, and I would need to enlarge the dock to at least 7 tools per row to get something usable at all.

By the way, what's the meaning of the 4 x 138 or 5 x 172 indications that pop up while I'm enlarging the dock?

--
Olivier Lecarme