Re: Color Changing Features that I'm looking for...

..sure - better you can use Darktable - is a work in a fast progress -
and has a lot of PRO features - is almost the same like Lightroom from
Adobe
for just basic photographic work Darktable is OK - you can use GIMP
for compositions AFTER you do the your primary color processing in
Darktable.

It's up to you - I use Darktable only for pure photo color correction.
Mostly, I use GMIC in GIMP because is integrated with a lot of other
powerful features
and I make compositions 90% of time.

More about Darktable here:  http://darktable.sourceforge.net/features.shtml
About LabCurves - if you use Linux - saturation curve will not work if
you not compile and install lcms 2 first (lcms 2 is not default in
most distributions).

2010/8/19 Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On 8/18/10, oliver wrote:
>
>> sorry it is a german text, but looking at the pictures might
>> say enough:
>>
>>   http://eye.de/tip_labstaerken.shtml
>>
>> Theese feature of changing color tones is, what I'm looking for
>> since a while.
>
> Just use LabCurves
>
> http://www.mm-log.com/blog/2010-07-09/adaptive-saturation-curve-labcurves
>
> Or do everything in darktable
>
>> It's necessary to have Lab-mode, which seems to be nonsense
>> to some developers
>
> This is simply not true
>
> Alexandre Prokoudine
> http://libregraphicsworld.org