Re: Rotational Motion Blur

Thanks for the insight and ideas. I didn't mention I am working on a
numerical algorithm
for deblurring images that have been blurred by non-accelerated circular
motion around
any possible axis so it was nice to get some ideas however the
applications for which it is
intended require more accuracy. I also noticed that this particular
filter is quite slow.

I have been experimenting with deforming the image into polar
coordinates using interpolation
schemes to get a good resolution and then applying regular, linear
motion blur horizontally or
vertically which would correspond to the "zoom" blur or "rotational"
motion blur effects. Then
the image must be deformed back to cartesian coordinates using again
some sort of interpolation.
So far it looks right if resolution is taken care of and it's quite
fast. Haven't tried the cases where
the image plane is not perpendicular to the axis of rotation and the
debluring algorithm still needs
to be developed. In any case all this is in prototype form (Matlab) and
if all goes well it could be
perhaps ported to GIMP when everything has been worked out.