Re: Paspertout for cutter - how dark can it become? (and size of selected area)

On 08/17/2010 01:40 AM, oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
>

> the paspertout-area for cutting... IMHO it would be fine
> to have adjustable brightness/darkness for those areas which
> would be cutted away.
>
> Sometimes the default is good.
>
> But sometimes I would like to have the selected-for-cutting area
> being completely darkened.
>
> Would that be possible?

When do you want it to be completely darkened? Maybe we could make GIMP
make it darker for you when you need it, without having to add a UI for
you so you can tell GIMP when you want it completely darkened?

I doubt the additional complexity in the UI for a setting like this
would be worth the rare case it handles. Or maybe a good non-intrusive
on-canvas UI for it could be added.

  / Martin

--

My GIMP Blog: