make layer active when enabling its visibility

Hi, here is an enhacement request I posted in the bugzilla, Martin Nordholts told me to send it to the mailinglist, so I hope I post it in the right place:

I often have this problem:

when enabling/disabling layers visibility during my work, to choose in whitch
layer I want to work, when I find the one I want, I directly go to the image
and draw... but sadly, it is in the last active layer that I draw and the result
is not what I wanted.
I think it would be more ergonomic if the "turned on layer" becomes
automatically the active layer. At least, if people could choose this
behaviour(instead of the actual) in the preferences, it would be great, I
think.

I hope my description is understandable.
Regards to all,

--
Thierry Maes