Re: Lab conversion, GEGL, RGB space, Illuminant

Rupert Weber wrote:
> (Then again, nobody complained so far and probably nobody would ever
> notice if we did it Right(tm)...)

You've got a catch 22 situation: If Gimp doesn't handle color
conversions accurately, then noone interested in accurate
color transforms will use it, hence you will get no complaints
about not doing in Right. So if you want to persuade people
who value accurate and reliable color transformations to use Gimp,
you need to do it Right, otherwise they will continue to use something
else. (I certainly can't use Gimp in my work, which revolves around
checking color space transformations.)

Graeme Gill.