Re: 2.7.3 Performance

On Tuesday, August 10, 2010 22:47:08 Dave wrote:
> I only use the brush tool, mostly with hard round brushes any size
> typically up to about 25 pixel radius, spacing 10. opacity on. no other
> brush dynamics set. Smaller the brush the better the performance is.

Do you use a tablet?

There are really no changes in GIMP that should degrade performance for larger
brushes. There is a little more interpolation, but that should affect all brush
sizes either equally or larger brushes less.

Also, what GTK is the build you have using?

Im sorry, If I seemed unfriendly. I just find putting a mailing list behind a
forum front end with posting option to be of poor taste... Not really your
fault.

On Tuesday, August 10, 2010 23:27:15 Jernej Simončič wrote:
> Can you please fix your e-mail client so that it:
> - doesn't remove the References and In-Reply-To headers to enable
>   proper threading of your messages
> - quotes the message you're replying to
> - doesn't send HTML when it's completely unnecessary
He cant. He was using the "forum" client gimpusers has. He probably does not
have any mail to reply too...

> (also, where did you find GIMP 2.7.3? The latest 2.7 release is 2.7.1)
theres an ubuntu PPA with shifted versioning. It should be GIT nightly build
AFAIK.