Re: Getting new layer modes fit for inclusion

On 08/09/2010 07:42 PM, Martin Nordholts wrote:

> As long as you are available to respond to feedback about the patch, it
> will be included into 2.8, don't worry. It's just that it might take a
> while before anyone gets around to review and test it properly.

Oh, cool.
Just, before anyone actually dives in that code, please ask me for the
most recent version, as I don't want to spam the bugzilla page with
daily updates.

>>        (a) decide, which modes. Be conservative, don't clutter the menu
>
> CIE LCH based Hue, Saturation, Color and Lightness, right?

Well, yes. But what about e.g. Dodge, Burn, or Soft Light? D/B are easy
to do and make sense. SL is not so easy, don't know if it even makes sense.
But I'm also ok with sticking to those 4 obvious ones. And D/B ;=)

>>        (c) decide how to deal with storing them (XCF version++)
>
> Didn't we already say that the XCF version should be bumped?

yes, I just wasn't sure how final that was. Good.

Rupert