Re: what is the meaning of "git commit %s" ? (translation related)

Hello,

2010/8/5 Cristian Secară <liste@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 12:01:07 +0300, Cristian Secară wrote:
>
>> I like to know what is the meaning of this string, I don't know how to
>> translated it:
>>
>> #: ../app/version.c:132
>> #, c-format
>> msgid "git commit %s"

git is the source control system which is used to store GIMP's source.
The act of updating the source is called a "commit" and each such
"commit" has it's unique identifier.
So basically, a commit identifier is like a version number (the %s in
the string will be replaced with that identifier)

I'm not sure this should be translated though, since git is a name of
a tool and "commit" is a git specific term which should probably be
kept untranslated (I saw the term "commit" in other non-English
articles so it's probably best not to translate it).

I'll add a comment to the file as soon as I get to a non-public computer.

~ LightningIsMyName