Re: Introduction / Color layer modes

> From: Martin Nordholts <enselic@xxxxxxxxx> :
> Since this is the second time you mention this, I feel  I have to step in
> and say that I think it is a really bad idea. We want to  improve the
> usability of GIMP, and forcing users to use a configure flag to  make
> GIMP work like they want is not a step forward.
>
> This is a  feature addition, and thus won't be added to GIMP 2.6. But as
> long as  someone is working on the patch, it is very likely that this
> will end up in  GIMP 2.8. And users will not have to use configure flags
> and compile GIMP  themselves to make use of the new feature.

Martin, an important fix isn't a feature addition, and early provision of the
fix by whatever means doesn't amount to "forcing".

But I'm repeating myself as you've noted, so thanks to all for your valuable
work and good luck with coding for 2.8.

A new approach is needed, I'll see what I can do.

Best,

Charlie