Re: Please fix Color and/or Value transfer mode

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Charlie De <charliecoeli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Compile & and end-user. Not all en-users compile their version of  Gimp.
>> Bumping the version number in XCF and implementing the compatibility  would
>>probably be better.
>

> Of course.  But I had the impression the development cost of such a solution and
> the need to keep XCF unchanged were major considerations.  A compile option
> would avoid both issues.  It is true that not all end users will compile, but at
> least those who need the fix are offered a way of obtaining it.

What you are saying is that we should maintain a fork for you... I
doubt thats going to happen. You can easily maintain your own patch
set yourself however. Its been done before. Not a complete fork but a
patch set distributed separately. GIMP Painter was such a patch set.
So far some of it has been integrated to mainstream, some of it is
still separate.

--
--Alexia