Re: Please fix Color and/or Value transfer mode

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Liam R E Quin <liam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Having said all that... I'd wondered myself why that photoshop trick of
> blurring a layer in mode colour didn't work well in gimp, but I don't
> know that this means gimp is "wrong" here. The right answer is to work
> out what the behaviour should be, for each mode, and do some tests to
> see if the implementation matches expectations. "Be the same as
> some-other-program" is not, of course, a goal for GIMP. And of course it
> would be nice to be able to fix camera noise, especially from lower-end
> and older cameras, in this way!

BTW, of course this method requires a plugin, but GMIC can do this
quite well (the a / b smoothness sliders in the LAB mixer can
effectively smooth the coloration without effecting brightness; the
denoising filters like 'anisotropic smoothing' also may be set to
operate only on AB channels)