Re: about getting involved in developing Gimp

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 1:36 PM, xianghang liu <xianghangliu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am very interested GIMP and want to join the Gimp project as C
> developer. I am a first-year PhD
> student in computer vision. I would like to start with fixing some
> bugs and then implement new
> features and my final objective is gsoc 2011.
> Do you have any suggestions?

Have you built GIT already? If not, please do. We like our patches
against git version.  Selection of bugs waiting to be fixed is listed
in the bugzilla you can find at bugs.gimp.org. Please join us in #gimp
channel at gimpnet IRC network for a chat if you have picked a bug to
tackle. Its less hassle all around if a way to fix a bug has been
agreed on before hand. Hoping to see you around. :)

--
--Alexia