Re: ANNOUNCE: GIMP 2.7.1

On Saturday, July 3, 2010, 18:13:04, photocomix wrote:

> For not clear reasons the Windows installer of 2.7.1
> force unistall of previous version of gimp

That is correct.

> Apparently no way to skip unistall, or to cancell unistall/install process

Apparently somebody is claiming things without even trying the
installer.

> The point is i can't see any reason to force unistall,

The point is that the new installer combines 32 and 64-bit GIMP in a
common installer, and once it becomes stable, many people will be
upgrading from 32-bit GIMP 2.6 - it would make no sense for these
people to keep both GIMP 2.6 and 2.8 at the same time, so the new
installer removes the old version first. Since this functionality
needs to be tested before it's deployed in the stable installer, it's
forced in the unstable one (the uninstall will be optional, but I
haven't implemented that yet).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

The more campaigning, the better.