Re: Rotation-Tool: center point and grid

Hello,

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 05:08:29PM +0300, LightningIsMyName wrote:
> Hello Oliver,
>
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 4:40 PM, <oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > when using the rotate tool, I can enable a grid that is shown.
> >
> > I also can move the center point.
> >
> > What I want to have, is, that the center point's center also
> > is at one crossover of grid lines.
> >
> > Where (which file) can I change that?
>
> I'm not sure I understood correctly what do you wish to do. If I
> understood correctly, when you rotate a drawable, you can use the
> option "Preview: Image + Grid". Now, you would like to move the center
> of the rotation so that it will snap to this grid.
[...]

The other way around.
I want the grid staying snapped on the center.

When I start the rotation tool, the center point and one cross of the grid
are at the same location.

When I move the center point to some other place, the formerly centered cross
of the grid does not follow the center point.

When I move the center point to e.g. the lower side of the edge of a building,
if the cross would stay at the center point, I could then rotate as long as the grid
goes along the edge of the building.

At the moment, this is not the case, and so it becomes tricky to find out, if the
rotation has aligned the picture to the frame of the picture.

So I need to add more and more grid lines, so that comparing is easier.
But just one grid line would be enough, if the grid is centered in the center point.

Even a single cross would be enough then, and a grid not necessary.
(But it's good to have it, to compare with other parts of the picture).

> If this indeed what you mean, then you'll have to modify (at least)
> the following files:
> app/tools/gimptransformtool.c - The base class for the transformation
> tools in GIMP (rotate, shear, transform, scale). The code of the grid
> for the transformation tool is there, and this is where you should
> look for information about the grid points (try looking at the
> function which actually draws the preview grid - it shows how to find
> and access the grid points themselves)
> app/tools/gimprotatetool.c - The code of the rotate tool
[...]

OK, thank you.

Ciao,
   Oliver