Re: Layer Group boundaries

Quoting Martin Nordholts <enselic@xxxxxxxxx>:

> The group layer boundaries are just legacy, we don't want them at all,
> and it would thus be a bad idea to implement functionality that depends
> on the existence of (explicit) layer group boundaries, like adding a
> "Fit group canvas to layers" button. The (implicit) boundaries of a
> layer group should always be the smallest boundary that encloses all
> children. Masking a group should instead be done with masks or clipping
> paths, and we will fix at least layer group masks for 2.8.

Thank you for your response. It is pleasing to learn that there is a
plan to support masking content of the constituent layers of a group
and not having it removed it destructively through cropping. I see
little problem with a clipping paths approach as long as it is easy to
define and/or modify rectangular clipping paths having a certain width
and height.