Re: Rotate on the arbitrary line -- feature request

On 06/19/10 10:16, yahvuu wrote:
> On 19.06.2010 17:50, doug p. wrote:
> [..]
>> where I can draw a straight line, and say to rotate the image to that line.
> [..]
>   >  How can I request this feature to be added.
>
> Hi doug,
>
> the best way to request user interface improvements is to sketch your idea
> and post it on the UI brainstorm [1]. I'm aware of two postings which already
> touch the same problem [2,3]. Improvements are always welcome.
>
> That being said, the canonical workaround is to align to the window border
> or to another window, if necessary.
>
> regards,
> yahvuu
>

> [1] http://gimp-brainstorm.blogspot.com/
> [2] http://gimp-brainstorm.blogspot.com/2007/10/precise-rotation-using-measured-data.html
> [3] http://gimp-brainstorm.blogspot.com/2010/06/workspace-continued.html

The brainstorm site is a one way process . There's no discussion and
rarely any feedback. Also the fact that the submission has to be totally
pictorial is a debatable restriction for a purely GUI topic but not well
suited to presenting the pros and cons of one rotation method against
another.

It is acceptable to open a feature request bug once the ideas have been
discussed here. So you're doing the right thing.

Wait to see what responses you get and what the feeling is about the
idea and its feasibility. Unless it gets shot down you could open a
feature request bug.

/gg