Re: How to create a new tool?

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 6:39 AM, Bear <jilingshu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi,
> I am a newbie on GIMP development. Now I wanna create a new tool. For example, I wanna create a Text Tool which as same as GIMP owned.

Did you add your new files into the build system as well?

That aside, any development effort is better spent against git, so if
you are working on a stable source, just get GIT. Also, Id advise
against forking the text tool like that. Either change the existing
tool if its going to be an improved text tool(Git will help you
keeping track of your changes) or rename it to something you want to
make out of it right way. these numbered forks, even if they produce
any code worth file are near impossible to merge and sensibly
maintain.

--
--Alexia