Re: GIMP website [was GIMP T-shirts in our online store]

On 09.06.2010 20:43, LightningIsMyName wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 8:27 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine
> <alexandre.prokoudine@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> One of the things discussed at LGM was moving all project's domain and
>> subdomains to a single dedicated server. We have a person willing to
>> do the migration and a person to create a new website.
>
> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Michael Schumacher <schumaml@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> We're currently unable to update the website (if you have a look at the
>> index page, even the release announcements aren't up to date).
>>
>> Until this is resolved, we won't be able to add, edit or remove anything
>> to, on or from www.gimp.org.
>
> After reading this, I have to ask: what?!

To elaborate on this:

1. the gimp web site is maintained in the gimp-web module of GNOME's Git
2. anyone can pull it from there, change pages and create patches,
people with Git write access can push them directly
3. the gimp web server pulls from git, runs make and create static html
pages with the updated content
4. step 3 is broken at the moment
5. step 3 is broken because there's no active maintainer for the server

Regards,
Michael

--
    GIMP > http://www.gimp.org      | IRC: irc://irc.gimp.org/gimp