Re: who is interesting in writing java api to gimp

Hello,

I actually had an intention to create a java api for GIMP, and I even
started to write this api. BUT, I don't really have any time to work
on it since I have other duties to do.

I can think of many places where GIMP and java's AWT package can
benefit one from another, but I simply don't have time to do it. I
know that it may sound like a long time from now, but I intend to
purpose this for GSoC for 2011 (if GIMP is accepted). I'm also willing
to work on it in GSoC if it will be chosen (but there is more than a
year untill then so we'll have to wait and see).

Right now there is no active java api for GIMP that I know of (There
is http://jgimp.sourceforge.net/ but it is very very old and
un-maintained)

~LightningIsMyName