Trying to Make a Plug-In

Hey guys,

I have very limited experience in programming, and none at all with making
plugins, but I want to make a plugin that would make my life a whole lot
easier.

Unfortunately, it seems that all the information regarding this process is
written for people who are experienced in programming or writing plugins or
such, and is unintelligible to me.

If someone would be willing to take pity on me and help walk me through the
basics, that would be a huge help.

I'm work on Mac OS 10.5, which is making the problem even worse because
there's next to no information out there for coding, for Gimp, on Mac.

My first question would be, what language should I be using and how do I set
it up so that it will work.

Thank you so much~!

--
Callie (via www.gimpusers.com)