Re: User Friendly Plug-In Browser

I understand (about the good architecture). It should be designed
carefully to support all the sources (I was aware only of the
plug-ins). Does this object model you use for C allows inheritance?

About the preview calculations. I was thinking that it might be faster
to pre-calculate all the plug-ins/core/GEGL on 2-3 fixed sample images
[300x300] (ex. an apple, a person, a building and a sunset) and store
them on the user's machine. Each time he opens this feature browser,
if there is a new feature without a sample image, it'll be calculating
it and storing it on hard disk. It should still happen in a separate
thread of course but I think it would speed up things.

What do you think about it?

Avgoustinos