Re: VTF plug-in

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 2:52 AM, Michael Hansen <us3r07@xxxxxx> wrote:

 Maybe my request is a little bit naive (because I guess, that everyone has enough work to do with more important things), but anyway:

What I am really missing at the moment is a plug-in to import and export the VTF (Valve Texture Format) file format.

More information:http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Texture_Format

There already exists a Photoshop plug-in: http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?c=154#p154

And there also exists an open source library: http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=40

Or does anyone has an advise how to get the Photoshop plug-in working in GIMP?

Hi Michael,
People work on what they think is important, which might not coincide with what you think is important. So, if you want to get it done, the best way is to just do it yourself.

I don't know anything about Photoshop plug-ins, but writing a GIMP file handler plug-in based should not be very hard if the above mentioned library does the heavy lifting. If it has a command line tool for converting to/from a image format that GIMP knows, a quick and dirty way could be to call that in the script. If so, its doable with some 10 lines of Python + the boilerplate to register the plugin.

--
Regards Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com