Re: Windows snapshot of 2.7 - possible?

Hello,

I compiled GIMP from git this week, on windows using msys and mingw
(and without cygwin).
You can find my build here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hjwqw1kym4g/gimp-win-08-04-2010.7z
Read the README_FIRST!!!.txt file before using this build (seriously, read it!).

This is .7z archive (you'll need 7-zip to extract it). It contains a
lot of junk (since it contains all the traces of my failed attempts to
compile GIMP) which you probably don't need in order to run GIMP, and
there is a lot of mess in the lib directory so I'm not sure you can
actually link against anything in there.
It contains some general instruction to compile GIMP on windows inside
the HACKING.txt file. As it says in the file, I'll provide a complete
guide for compiling gimp on windows later on this month (hopefully it
will be finished this month) on
http://lightningismyname.blogspot.com/p/gimp-stuff.html

Again, this is a messy build and it's not intended for every day usage
since it was compiled without many of the "extra" dependencies (for
example, it was compiled without jpeg support). It does have export to
PNG and obviously for XCF, but many of the other formats are missing.

My next build will be much more organized and will contain much less mess.

Hope this helps =)
LightningIsMyName