Re: [GSoC] Replace the GimpSizeEntry widget

On 04/03/10 09:46, Martin Nordholts wrote:
>> >  I thought choosing unit is a common way. When I first read about the
>> >  text entry in the idea list page, I have a few questions:
>> >  - Does the UI need to provide examples for the new text entry, e.g. "40
>> >  px" or "9 in" near the text fields?
> Not in the UI, rather in the manual.

some care should be exercised here. If the interface is to become less
clear and it is now necessary to go and read the manual in order to
understand how to use such a basic and important input, I would be very
inclined to see this as a regression not an improvement.

This current interface , despite its shortcomings is clear and explicit
about what is available.

Replacing this approach with RTFM hardly seems appropriate.

regards.