Re: The future of GEGL and Gimp: Questions

On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 23:03 +0100, Merkelvin Glasmer wrote:

> I just have two questions about the future of the implementation of
> GEGL into The GIMP:
>

> 1. I read on different websites, that in future it will be possible to
> open RAW image formats of different camera manufacturers natively in
> GIMP without the requirement of additional software. Is this true?

If you don't consider a plug-in additional software, then you can
already do that today. The difference with a GEGL-enabled GIMP is that
you can then work in the higher color-depths that the RAW format offers.
Today the RAW image is converted to 8bit per color channel on import
into GIMP.

Sven