Re: Adding ability to reverse curves dialog

On 03/09/2010 09:06 PM, David Gowers wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 8:19 AM, Jay Smith <jay@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 03/09/2010 04:39 PM, Jon Senior wrote:

>>> I would suggest that they were. The "curves" are graphs plotting value
>>> in (x) against value out(y). Traditionally a graph starting at 0 for
>>> both axes would be drawn with the origin in the bottom-left.
>>>
>>> This naturally leads to a curves graph where black (0) is in the
>>> bottom-left and white (255/1023/...) is in the top-right.
>>>
>>> What programs have you used where this situation was reversed?
>>>
>>> Jon
>> Jon,
>>
>> That is certainly possible.
>>
>> The one that most comes to mind is Photoshop 5.x.
>>
>> I have no idea what "modern" Photoshop and successors do.
>>
> http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/photoshop/articles/phscs2at_learncurves_02.html
>
> White on the right, Same as GIMP, PSP, etc.

Thanks David,

Yep, that's what that picture shows.

BUT... that little double-arrow thingy at the bottom of the curves graph
reverses black/white positions.

It is entirely possible that umpteen years ago when we first installed
Photoshop on Windows 95 that that double arrow got clicked and we have
used it reversed ever since.  Or maybe back then white was at the upper
right.

Okay, if the world says black is lower left, we will use it that way.

Thanks.

Case closed.

Jay