Paint Dynamics in git version

Two questions about Paint Dynamics, a feature which I find extremely promising, and about which I would like very much to have more explanations than the current GUI specifications:

1. What is the difference between Fade Tapering and Fade Tappering, and the same question for Velocity Tapering and Tappering?

2. When trying to change an existing Paint Dynamics, the Mapping Matrix is grayed out, to show that it is read-only. However, the other tabs are not, and I can check boxes and change curves. Is this a bug or a feature?

By the way, is there somewhere some explanations about the purpose and use of tags and filters? I think I can guess a large part of this, but reading authorized text would be useful.

--
Olivier Lecarme