Re: Text layer changes?

Hello Sven,

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 9:17 PM, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Is there any way in which I can acces the style of the text?=
>
> Such a way will have to be added of course. We usually add the core
> functionality first, then expose it to plug-ins. It's easier this way
> around.
>
> It should be unproblematic to add a procedure that exposes the new
> "markup" property of the text object.

OK, I found the markup property you are mentioned - It shouldn't be
too problomatic to extract it (I'll probably be able to add the patch
myself). However, before I continue working on the plugin, are there
any other upcoming changes in the text-engine which will affect the
plugin?

And another thing - with al the late discussions about color profiles,
It made me wonder: exporting a PDF via cairo does not support color
profiles. Do we need to warn the user if the image has some specific
color profile, that the PDF will be exported in the default RGB
profile? Or do we continue to stick to the fact that this is an extra
feature (andnot a complete feature with CMYK and other PDF related
features) in gimp and therfor we don't need to warn about such errors
that don't bother most of the users?

Thanks for your help,
~LightningIsMyName