Re: Option to save images without embedded ICC profile

On 03/03/2010 10:08 AM, Jay Smith wrote:
> On 03/03/2010 09:22 AM, Jason Simanek wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
> <snip>
>> For web designers it is essential to have the option to either include
>> or exclude color profiles on images that are created with Gimp. It would
>> be great to have a checkbox on the save/export dialog or the Save for
>> Web plugin dialog that would allow you to exclude the color profile.
> <snip>
>
> Please excuse this ignorant question, but....
>
> Could someone please explain or supply a link/reference that gives more
> background to the statement "For web designers it is essential to have
> the option to either include or exclude color profiles on images...".
>
> I am sure I am missing something important.  Why would you specifically
> want a color profile to NOT be present ... specifically for web-use images?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jay

I have answered my own question, but it took about half hour of
searching to find this.

Here is a great reference site exactly on this subject....

http://www.gballard.net/psd/go_live_page_profile/embeddedJPEGprofiles.html

For people like me, I recommend reading it thoroughly AND following all
his links.  It does go on a bit, but there are many pearls in it.  Too
bad he does not seem to talk about Gimp, but the content is still great.

Jay