Re: image dimension(s) instead of pixel dimensions (Image Properties)

On 02/04/2010 02:42 PM, Cristian Secară wrote:
> In the dialog windows that opens on Image ->  Image Properties the first
> item is "Pixel dimensions:".
>
> In my opinion this is incorrect (it sounds like it were about the
> dimensions of a physical pixel). I think it should be "Image
> dimensions", or "Image size", or something like that.

I think that "Pixel dimensions" is fine as it is.  It is compact, and it
is very clear in the context in which it appears, that is, followed by
"(yyy) x (zzz) pixels".  I don't think anybody familiar with image
editing in any sense will think that it's referring to the shape of a
single pixel.

Any options that don't mention "Pixel" in the name will likely leave
someone wondering how they can see other kinds of sizes there.

"Dimension in pixels" is nice, but is longer with little real benefit.

--xsdg