Re: 2.8 schedule, donations and krita

On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 19:17 +0200, Alexia Death wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Martin Nordholts <enselic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Oh you also proposed to buy one for me or mitch too so we can debug together
> > etc
> >
> > Well I don't think I'll use it very much, it's better to use that money for
> > something else
>
> Well, my goal in that was mostly to save debugging time. The stack for
> tablets under gimp tends to break quite often and being able to verify
> if its my system or gimp thats broken is a value. There have been
> issues everywhere, but mostly  they come from GDK, and sometimes X.
> perhaps in this case mitch is a better candiate because he works on
> GDK and tablet testing there is needed. I think he has something very
> old already but it does not provide the full feature set.

As far as I know the tablet that Mitch owns is a Wacom I (with serial
connection). It's the same model that I sent you last year. These
tablets were donated by Wacom in 1999 for the first GIMP developer
conference.

It might make sense to ask Wacom if they can donate some more so that
the GIMP developers can work with more recent models. But if they aren't
willing to donate hardware, we can just buy one or two tablets from the
project money that we have.

Sven