GIMP 2.7 and Single Window Mode

Hi.

Inside a web page, I've read that the release of GIMP 2.7 already anticipates several features of the stable version 2.8, including the ability to activate the Single Window Mode. Nevertheless, I guess the article was referring only to the Linux version of the program, because the author explained a way to activate it (via the Window Management item of the Preferences Panel) that I haven't been able to replicate into Windows.

Can you please tell me if what I've read is true or not? And if yes, by chance is it somehow possible to test the Single Window Mode within the Windows version of GIMP 2.7.0 which at present is available on Sourceforge.net?

Thanks in advance.