Re: Mockup 2.8

On 12/26/09 00:40, Alexia Death wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 1:35 AM, Patrick Horgan<phorgan1@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>
>> I just<ALT><TAB>  anyway and everything just works.  I never minimize
>> anything except rarely when I need to get to the desktop to<eject>  a
>> thumb drive.
>>
> Blessed are the metacity(Gnome window manager) users. The rest of us
> folk are cursed. kwin STILL does not treat the window hints right.

I've talked to kde guys (kwin developers in particular) about this
specific issue. Their response was very interesting. They have said that
"wrong" behavior of kwin isn't actually anyone's fault. I'll quote one
of developers: "Gimp relies on behaviour that's not stated in the
standard but it doesn't say it's not allowed".

Vlada

P.S. I have insufficient knowledge about this subject. Just wanted to
hear GIMP developers' opinion.