Re: ceci n'est pas une selection...

hi all,

peter sikking wrote:
> what I am missing is a direct way to end the selection state.

another thought:
when selection masks get disposed frequently, this points at possible
improvements in other places, IMHO.

Stroking circles as an example: the task is finished once the circle
is visible -- in my mind, but not so for GIMP, as i have to get rid of the
selection afterwards. Genuine geometry tools shurely work better here than
throw-away selection masks.

Complex selection masks, on the other hand, like a hair cut-out, tend to survive in
form of layer masks or alpha channels.

I'm not really shure: are there other common workflows which build selection masks
that are more complex than just a rectangle and still dispose the mask afterwards?

regards,
yahvuu