Re: The name "Gimp"

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Scott <drmemory@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Way OT, but speaking of getting in trouble with acronyms, I remember
> years ago at law school when someone founded a "Christian Legal
> Association" there, and they would post bulletins on the
> walls. Somebody (hmmm, wonder who?...) started posting bulletins about
> upcoming meetings of the PLO - Pagan Legal Organization.

OK - so I was determined to ignore this thread, but since we're
getting way OT: some years ago a new Christian academy appeared in our
city.  Unfortunately, they named this institution "First Assembly of
God School".  Hilarity ensued, in the form of football uniforms and
school buses emblazoned with the acronym.

The name was promptly changed.

Chris