Re: Would single-window fix usability nightmares?

Sparr wrote:
> is broken, switch (temporarily)".  Everyone waited for Microsoft to
> fix the DX problem (which never happened, ATI and nVidia implemented
> workarounds in their drivers instead).  Expecting Blizzard's
> developers to fix (or even acknowledge) bugs in Microsoft's code is
> silly[1].

Try looking at this type of situation from the user point of
view - it's all finger pointing, and doesn't actually help solve the
problem. As soon as you put the user first, then as the vendor
of a tool you will try to fix the problem if you can (working around it
if you must), irrespective of who is ultimately "responsible".

[ It's all about attitude. Saying "It's not my fault" is an unhelpful
   attitude. Saying "Patches welcome" is an unhelpful attitude.
   Saying "Stop complaining, you got it for free!" is an unhelpful
   attitude. Saying "Too bad, it works for me" is an unhelpful
   attitude. Being unhelpful is a confrontational stance that gets
   peoples backs up, and convinces them that you are not to be trusted,
   since you seem to have no empathy for their situation, and seem
   to have no pride in what you do.
]

Graeme Gill.