Re: Would single-window fix usability nightmares?

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 12:54 AM, Ilya Zakharevich
<nospam-abuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I can see how a John Do can blame GIMP for GTK+ issues, but I don't
>> see why GIMP developers should bother about John Do's misconceptions
>> about software development.
>
> These are not misconceptions.  Software does not modularize; at least
> not in the sense of dilution of responsibility.  If you use a library,
> its bugs BUG YOU.

I think that it is one of the STRENGTHS of FOSS that if there's a bug
in a component users of that component do not try to hack round it,
but expect the bug to be fixed at the source benefiting everyone.

I'm sorry to say this, but your attitude is starting to piss me off.
Your attack mentality and complaining are not helping. Perhaps you
should stop that and do something that would actually help, like
contribute some code.

We work on gimp for FUN. Most of us do not use Windows(I don't have
one for my personal use) and those that do are not skilled enough to
do GTK development on that platform. We do what we can. I personally
got involved in the project by hunting a bug that ended up being in
GTK. It got fixed. True, the bug was specific for Linux, but that's
the platform I do my development on. I done have neither the will nor
skills to do that. You can do it on windows if you want.

--
--Alexia