Re: The mailing list uptime; ask GNOME to host?

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 18:22 +0200, Martin Nordholts wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> It is great to see the gimp-developer list up and running again, but
> it has had two rather long downtimes recently and it is not unreasonable
> to assume that these problems will continue.
>
> What do people think about asking GNOME to host the list [1]? Personally
> I would be fine with that.

I don't quite understand why we don't pull the problem at its roots and
look for a new admin for the GIMP server. With a new admin we can buy or
rent a server and put an end to all those problems. Money is not a
problem as we have more than enough money to spend on this. We need
someone with serious sysadmin experience who is willing to become
responsible for gimp.org.

By moving the lists to GNOME we don't solve our issues, we just make it
even harder to maintain them.

Sven