Re: Peter's single-window proposal (Was: We should go for a single-window mode in 2.8)

SHIRAKAWA Akira wrote:
 > peter sikking wrote:
 >
 >> so for everybody who feels this: _why_ do you need windows-in-window or
 >> work-side-by-side?
 >
 > Personally, for me who I'm into drawing and digital painting (rather
than photo retouching) I can think of these reasons:
[cut]

If I may, I'd also like to add that I find absolutely necessary to
maximize vertical space / resolution. It has become very precious
resource lately as monitors are starting to adopt very squashed aspect
ratios (16:10 was the normality until a few years ago, but recently 16:9
screens have been introduced with virtually no increase of vertical
resolution despite the noticeable increase of horizontal one).

This means that personally I wouldn't put a 'polaroids' feature on top
of the screen or adopt a blender-style interface as suggested in another
thread (or at least the standard one, I haven't used that program much
but I remember that the default 3d viewport is very wide with all tools
and commands on the bottom).

Maximizing vertical space is especially important for digital tablets
users, since most modern tablets are now in wide (16:10) format. A
reduced vertical space forces the user to physically draw "small" on the
tablet (implying very reduced hand movements), which for most artists is
a bad thing. (that is, unless both the monitor and the tablet are set up
to operate in portrait mode, but it's not a very practical thing to do,
and most LCD monitors are not designed to work this way)

--
SHIRAKAWA Akira