Re: We should go for a single-window mode in 2.8

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 8:30 PM, jolie S <forums@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Also I've slept on it and given it some more thought and I'd like to ask
> again if you would please give having multiple images open at the same time
> some more thought.
> IMO being able to work on more images at the same time is VITAL for a
> professional image editing program. (just think of cloning to name 1 example)
> Please give your users the options to do so in both modes, single and multiple
> windows.

Peter's specification does give the option to have multiple images open at once.
Perhaps you mean having multiple images both visible and workable-upon
at once. That's certainly important for things like cloning, as you
said.

Perhaps a split-panel option for single window mode would resolve
this. (I believe we could still only reasonably show a maximum of 2
images at once; this is simply a limitation of the single-window
format AFAICS.)