FW: GIMP, GEGL and raw image formats

Thanks for the quick response Martin!
Sounds great!

Years ago I made a feature request on the bug tracker and asked for adding support for raw images, but finally it ended in a resolved - wontfix.
But that was afaik a while before there were any intentions to switch to GEGL.
And if GEGL provides this ability by default, why not using it in GIMP? :)

For the time being I have to use UFRaw for that job.

Regards,
Micha