Re: We should go for a single-window mode in 2.8

No objections--- mostly I would urge developers to plan what they're
going to do, make the changes, and stick to it.  I know that's always
been the plan but it doesn't feel like it when you're using the
different versions. The random UI changes that appear in each release
throw off folks who use the Gimp day to day and have to keep
relearning behaviors that they are comfortable with or have become
muscle memory over years.  It would be like ^x being remapped in every
release of emacs.  Sure the original isn't intuitive but it's far more
important to JUST STOP CHANGING IT. :-)

All the window wanking with different UI/WM behavior in every version
is just starting to feel like destructive churn :-(  I know there are
reasons, I'm just saying keep it in mind as one more competetive
pressure.

Monty