Re: GIMP in-game feature

Quoting "Eckhard M.\" Jäger" <bart@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> So we like to get the permission to do so and we like to know what
> kind of license the GIMP logo has (the artwork must be distrubuted as
> CC/ Free Art License).

According to http://www.gimp.org/about/linking.html , the provided
images of Wilber, GIMP's mascot/logo, can be "copied freely". My
interpretation of this (which carries no authority whatsoever) is that
there should be no problem with your usage of the Wilber image as long
as it is being associated with the GIMP project.

As far as precise, formal licensing terms are concerned, the Wilber
artwork was initially created by Tuomas Kuosmanen
(http://www.tigert.com/) and he should probably be contacted for such
information.