[gimp]how to create a project in my VC++ express with GIMP

hi, guys.this is my first time to use gimp,i fount when i opened gimp for the psd files(used as PhotoShop) andsave as WITHOUT any edit,the file size is bigger than the original file. the original psd fileis 1.3M,the new one is 1.44M.so,i want to read the source code about the psd save model.i fount gimpvs project, but i did not find a way to create a Projectin my VC++ Express.i download the gimpvs project in the svn. there isn't any info about that.Is there any one to compile Gimp with Visual Studio?