Re: Support for SpaceNavigator

Hi,

It took me a little while to dig through the various layers, but I think I am approaching something that might end up as useful. One problem is that the events that are generated are qued up if the actions does not perform fast enough. The SpaceNavigator outputs a lot of events, and especially the zooming actions are slow. This means that with just a brief touch of the spacenavigator, the zoom level jumps from minimum to maximum.

I think that it does not make any sense to que up the events from this device. Are there any way I can prevent this? Is there any way to know if there are pending actions? This could be used to avoid sending new actions as long as the previous ones are still pending.

Havard

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:11 PM, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 22:58 +0200, Håvard Tørring wrote:
> I am testing this with panning by mapping events from 3dconnexion to
> view-scroll-up/down/left/
> right. In the mentioned function, the if test fails on
> GIMP_ENUM_ACTION (action)->value_variable returning 0. I assume this
> means that the view-scroll actions does not take any value. Is this
> correct? Are there any panning actions I could use that accepts
> value?

I don't think that any suitable actions exist.

Sven