Re: Gimp printing future direction

Hi,

On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 09:03 -0500, Erik Lotspeich wrote:

> Not only
> that, but it didn't have the "use original image size" button to
> auto-fit the image.

Actually the dialog is supposed to come up with the image in the
original size (provided that this size does not exceed the printable
area). I just checked this and found to that this feature appears to
have been broken some time ago. I wonder why no-one submitted a bug
report for this. Anyway, this is now fixed in both branches.

>   The native gimp printing doesn't have an
> auto-orientation feature either; this is another failure point.  The
> auto-orientation feature is critical since different printers accept
> paper in different ways for portrait and landscape.

Sorry, but what is an auto-orientation feature? Could you explain that?
Is this something that would have to be added to the "Image Settings"
page of the Print dialog? Otherwise it may be a feature that the GTK+
folks might be interested in adding.

Sven