Re: Has anybody successfully built gimp with gtk+ > 2.17.2 (mingw/windows)?

Martin Nordholts wrote:
> On 08/13/2009 09:54 PM, BugByteMan wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> When I build gimp (mingw/windows XP) with gtk+>  2.17.2 the
>> application crashes as soon as I move my mouse over either the
>> toolbox or image window.  This happens with both the stable (2.6.6
>> tarball) and git source.  I have not been successful in identifying
>> the source of the crash in gdb.
>>
>> Has anybody successfully built this combination using mingw/windows
>> environment?
>
> Hi,
>
> I would personally recomend Fedora for building GIMP for Windows.
> Building GIMP for Windows on Windows was hell last time I tried,
> building GIMP for Windows on Fedora using the quite new Fedora mingw
> toolchain is super-easy. I was able to build both git master and
> gimp-2-6 of GIMP without much trouble.
>
> You can run your build result in Wine. To get stack-traces, install
> DrMingw, works perfect both in Wine and on real Windows.
>
> If you are using unstable development releases it is a good idea to
> keep up to date with the releases. No one will pay much attention to
> crashes reported using old development releases.
>
> Best regards,
> Martin

Hi,

I have been building GIMP and all of the dependent gnome libraries from
their respective repositories (previously svn, now git) at least once a
week without any issues for over a year.  I believe my development
environment is stable.

I know for sure that the problem I am experiencing is a result of
changes from gtk+ 2.17.2 to 2.17.3.  Unfortunately I do not have it
isolated to a particular commit.

BugByteMan