VTF plug-in

Hello!

At first: Sadly I am no programmer, but maybe there is a friendly, interested person out there who could make this:

There exists a texture format (VTF), which is used by the Source game engine.
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/VTF

There also exists an open library:
http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=40

and also a PhotoShop plug-in:
http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?c=154#p154

But sadly nothing for GIMP.
If it wouldn't be too much work, could a nice person please try to port it over and add it to the GIMP plug-in database?

Btw: It's not only me who is requesting this. There are many other people out there, but sadly no one began to make one.
I also asked the developer of the PhotoShop plug-in, but he said, that he don't want to support another one, because of the fact, that he hasn't much time and is already programming two plug-ins for PS and also Pain.Net (besides all the other projects, he is working on).

Thanks, if anyone wants to do us a favour!

Regards,
Michael