Re: 2 part - Scripts to be included in the core, and keybindings?

On 07/20/2009 06:14 PM, Rob Antonishen wrote:
> Couple quick questions...
>
> How is it decided what scripts should be included in the core?

If they help us fulfill the product vision [1], they should be added.

> For example, I have created a new script with a number of menu entries
> to grow selections orthogonally (like PS with alt and shift-alt
> cursors) which, when bound to the appropriate keys can be quite handy.
>   (It was asked for at the plugin registry).  Would this be of value in
> the core distribution?

In my opinion, these scripts are useful enough to be distributed with
vanilla GIMP. Could you create a git commit that adds these?

> Also - is there anyway to have a script create its own keybinding
> (assuming it is free)?

No, but GIMP can ship with a menurc file that create a default
keybinding for the script. Include that in the commit.

  / Martin

[1] http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/GIMP_UI_Redesign#product_vision